A friend of mine lent me one of Jamie Olivier’s cookbooks where all the recipes take no more than 30 minutes and I was immediately drawn to the fish crumble, a great family meal.
I’ve put a chronoAsian spin to it by swapping the dairy for soya cream in the tartar sauce and using protein bread for the crumble so that you can eat this on a no-carb evening. The broccoli purée replaces the mashed potatoes so beautifully that no one will even notice they’re eating a no-carb dinner.
Planning your meals ahead of time is one of the keys to success and this is definitely a meal I plan in advance so that I’m not missing any key ingredients. Yes, there are more ingredients in this recipe than most of the others but I think it’s worth it. This is definitely a dinner you could serve to both family and guests.
Ingredients for 4
- 600- 700 gr ( 1.5 lbs) or 4 filets of white fish (cod, sea bass, plaice etc..)
- 3 slices of dry or toasted protein bread (alternative: cr whole grain crackers)
- 100 gr (3.5 oz) of sundried tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 2 TBSPs of olive oil
- 3 anchovie filets
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20 gr of parmesan
- 1/3 bunch of basil, 1/3 bunch of parsley, 1/3 bunch of coriander
- Salt & pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 1 TBSP of mustard
- 150 gr (5 oz) of soya cream
- 4 chopped pickles
- 1 TBSP of chopped capers
- Chopped parsley & chives
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1 chopped anchovy filet
- Preheat oven to 320°F (160°C)
- Mix anchovies, sundried tomatoes, 1 garlic clove, the basil, parsley and coriander, the lemon juice, olive oil, and the parmesan to form a paste.
- Mix the bread with 1 garlic clove and 1TBSP of olive oil to make up the crumble.
If necessary, cut the fish into 4 equal filets.
- Spread the paste on the fish filets in a dish for oven cooking. Then sprinkle with the crumble mix and drizzle with olive oil.
- Slide the dish in the oven and allow to cook for 15 minutes.
- While the dish is cooking, prepare the tartar sauce. Mix the hard-boiled egg with the mustard to get a thick cream.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix with a whisk.
- a mixer
- a chopper
- a whisk
- a large dish for the oven
Cream of broccoli/ green salad/ carrot salad