…and when for weight loss
- Fruit – all but only 2 a day (between meals rather than as a dessert)
- Dark chocolate – 70% or more cocoa content 20 gr (3/4 oz.) per day
- All fish and seafood
- All lean meats and cold cuts
- Authentic whole grain bread/protein bread – 2 slices for breakfast or unsweetened cereals- breakfast
- Carbohydrates in general – (rice, pasta,potatoes, quinoa, lentils, boulgar, wholegrain bread) about 80 gr uncooked or 2 slices of bread- 5x per week at lunch 2x a week at dinner)
- Eggs – breakfast lunch or dinner
- Soya yogurt – 1 portion at breakfast or midafternoon snack
- All vegetables (except corn and peas)
- Tofu, soya cream, coconut milk
- Vinagrette –using cold pressed oils ( olive, nut, soya etc.)
- Water, tea, coffee,
- 1 diet beverage max per day – if you really can’t do without it !
- 1-2 glasses of wine twice a week –not obligatory !
This is a brief overview. My book gives you a detailed description of what foods to eat, why, how much and when, as well as providing up-to-date and scientifically accurate nutritional and cooking information.
Foods to Avoid
- Fatty meats and cold cuts
- Mayonnaise, excess cooking fat and animal fats when frying
- Baked goods (except authentic wholegrain bread or protein bread)
- Sugar and candy
- Sweetened beverages and industrialized fruit juices
Foods to Reduce
- Dairy products : cow’s milk, cheese, yogurt, cream, ice cream, etc..